Robbers arrested for using girlfriend to snatch Uber car


A 27-year-old man identified as Collins Okafor, has been arrested for allegedly conniving with his friends to snatch an Uber driver’s car. 

Okafor was arrested along with Ibrahim Tijani (31), Sadiq Oyenuga (34), Ayoage Agoke (25) and John Okpe (26). The police are, however, hunting another suspect, Michael and his girlfriend, Joy, who are both at large. 

Michael was alleged to have led the gang in snatching the car. According to the police, Joy booked the Uber taxi online, after which she and other gang members snatched the car at gunpoint in Lekki, Lagos. 

Okafor, also an Uber driver, who masterminded the operation, said: “The car I drive was given to me by someone. One day the owner threatened to collect his car because I defaulted in payment.

In order to remain in business, I contracted my friends to assist me to snatch a car from another Uber driver."

Comments